Gardens by the Bay Lightshow

Gardens by the Bay Lightshow

Singapore

Last night I went off to see the lights at Gardens by the Bay. I had seen another person's pictures of the 'trees' lit up and wanted to see it myself. A surprise then followed as I found out that you don't just see a static display but there's a light show synchronised to music as well!



Once it gets dark, the trees are lit up, it's a very popular activity for people to participate in, lots of families wandering around.





The Marina Sands Hotel room lights in the background.



The skywalk remains open and there are people (lots of yelling children!) up there.



Once it's completely dark, the lights went out on all the trees. My first thought was "Oops something went wrong!" A few minutes later and announcement came over the PA "Ladies and Gentlemen tonight's lightshow will pay tribute to musical theatre" And then it began!







The lightshow was wonderful and it lasted about 30 minutes, it's on every night and I'd put it on the top of the list of the best things to do in Singapore. And all free!

On the way back to the Marina Sands, I managed to get a good picture of the Singapore Flyer from the overhead walkway.


Gardens by the Bay are easy to get to, the MRT stop is Bayfront and then just follow the signs through the underground walkways to the gardens.


Comments