Gardens around the world (Part 1!)

I really love gardens!

I noticed that I had quite a few photos of different gardens around the world and in particular close ups of flowers!



Part of the parterre garden at Versailles, just outside Paris, France. It was spring so plenty of bulbs, it was just gorgeous! The park is worth visiting on its own, even if you don't want to see inside the palace. The park is huge with different areas to visit, including the Petit Trianon which was Marie Antoinette's private escape from the formalities of the Parisian court.



Shanghai, China, this was actually a traffic island! I spotted these topiary sculptures in other public spaces in the city. This one is at the top of The Bund, near Suzhou Creek (which is more of a river than a creek!)


Banksia in the North Head National Park, Sydney, Australia.


Hydrangea path, loved the purple ones! Tupare, New Plymouth, New Zealand.


Blue hydrangea, the flower heads were enormous! This one looked like an old lady's hat from the 1960s! 


Purple hydrangea, this one was new to me, I'm used to seeing hydrangeas in either pink or blue. (Mainly pink, most of the ones I saw in New Zealand were the blue variety)


Orchid from the National Orchid Garden in the Singapore Botanic Gardens. (The Botanic Gardens are free to enter there is a fee to get into the Orchid Garden)


Gardens by the Bay, Singapore, Cloud Forest, the tropical rainforest conservatory, complete with waterfalls and white orchids.



Cornflowers in the garden at Sans Souci, Potsdam, Germany. I was quite excited to see cornflowers, I don't think I've ever seen them in Australia. I loved the vivid blue colouring and it reminded me of all the descriptions I had read in books where someone had 'cornflower blue eyes' or 'wore an outfit of cornflower blue'.


The Women's Cross of Sacrifice in the Pennington Gardens, Adelaide, Australia. St. Peter's Cathedral in the distance. 


Comments