Ivy Hall, Wootton Bridge, Isle of Wight

Lovely B & B accomodation


I try and stay in different types of accomodation and on the Isle of Wight I went back to the traditional British style of Bed and Breakfast. The really nice thing about B&B accomodation is the owners tend to be your hosts and that makes for quite a personal experience. Deborah the lovely host at Ivy Hall would give me recommendations of places to see and ask about my day as I returned.

Price
Bed and Breakfast accomodation is generally the most reasonably priced when travelling and this was the case here. 

Location
Ivy Hall is in the small town of Wootton Bridge, it was a great location. The ferry terminal at Fishbourne was only a 5 minute drive away, there's a pub 2 minutes walking distance and even a Tesco Express (for your snacks!) close by. The Isle of Wight isn't a large island and with a car it's possible to get to any point on the island quickly.


Facilities
The room I was in was large and had a pretty view of the lake, there were nice touches by the owner such as biscuits to go with the tea and coffee. Also a basket of information pamphlets on the Isle of Wight, all very helpful. The bathroom had generous proportions with both a shower and a bathtub.

Window with view to the lake





Optional Extras

Breakfast was served in the dining room, it was just one large table to all the guests sat together which was nice. Again it added to the homey feel of the place as everyone chatted, rather than being separate as is the case in hotel accomodation. 
As I was catching an early ferry the morning I left the owner prepared me a packed breakfast the night before and left it out for me.
There's parking on site in the driveway, each driver seems to sort out a spot!

Recommendation

Would definitely stay there again, even took a card to book direct! 

Comments