2018 favourite photos

Where I went.



January saw me travelling to Tasmania, on the way to Port Arthur I took a detour and went into the Tasman National Park. I followed the signs and discovered Fossil Bay.

April had me travelling to Japan, I was too late for the cherry blossoms, but still managed to visit some of my favourite places.



My all time favourite place in Japan, the Bikan district in Kurashiki. 



Momijidani Park on Miyajima Island. I love Japanese maples in the autumn but they're still beautiful in the warmer months. The maples, with the red bridge, over running water is such an evocative Japanese picture for me!



Otorii, Miyajima. The Otorii, the great gate, must be the best known historic monument in Japan, it's on every tourist brochure!



The Akashi Bridge, I like the way it kind of disappears into the haze. The Akashi Bridge was such a familiar sight to me when I lived and worked in Japan.



I went to Canberra for the June Long weekend so I could go to the Cartier exhibition. This tiara was loaned to the exhibition by its current owner the Duke of Gloucester, he inherited from Princess Marie Louise who wore to Queen Elizabeth's coronation. The tiara was designed using Indian motifs, from the time Cartier's designers took inspiration from their travels in Asia.



Winter at Glenelg Beach, Adelaide. This picture was just taken on my phone as I was sat in a cafe opposite. I love the ways the rays of light come down.



Kookaburra at the Adelaide Zoo. This was a very chilled kookaburra in one of the walk through aviaries at the zoo. It just completely ignored me as I went in close to get a photo.



Second Valley, South Australia. Cute cottage with wisteria, all very ye olde England. (The flowering bottle brush next to it, makes sure you know it's Australia!)



Three Sisters, the Blue Mountains, New South Wales. A trip to Sydney for a conference saw me making my first trip to the Blue Mountains, so naturally had to see its most famous landmark, the Three Sisters.

Comments