Where to stay: Presidential Apartments Kensington, London

Just around the corner from Earls Court Tube Station



For any stay in London that is more than one day I prefer to book into an apartment, I've experimented in the last few visits with different areas, but I've gone back to Earls Court. A familiar stomping ground for me!

Price

Accomodation in London is generally expensive, I did look into Airbnb options as well. But once I compared things like location (money saved on transport costs) and time to get to places, size of accomodation (central Airbnb apartments tended to be tiny) 24hour hotel desk (helps if you checkin at odd times, Airbnb you need to contact your host to meet you) daily cleaning and breakfast was included. It worked out a better deal to book this particular serviced apartment.


Location

It's listed as Kensington, but it's close to Earls Court Tube Station. (I would call the location Earls Court!) The tube station is a 4 to 5 minutes walk away, Earls Court Rd has pubs, supermarkets, shops, so it's a convenient area. The Earls Court Tube station is on the Piccadilly Line (so convenient if you're coming in from Heathrow, also it's an elevator up to street level so no dragging a suitcase up stairs) Other lines are the District and Circle line, also supposedly step free but the elevator was out of action while I was there! Those 3 lines gives you access to where ever you really need to go in London. It's also walking distance to the Natural History Museum and the V&A. A longer walk takes you to Kensington Palace.


Facilities

It's an apartment hotel so comes with a kitchen, I was in a standard room. The kitchen had a washing machine which thrilled me after several days travel, I could do laundry! The apartment was air-conditioned, something that is becoming increasingly important as the UK heats up in summer. There is an elevator.








The kitchen had a microwave in one of the cupboards, the fridge freezer is the cupboard on the left.





Optional Extras

Breakfast is delivered to you on a tray each morning, you just booked a time with the front desk. 

Summary

I would stay here again as I found the location great, having breakfast included was a bonus as all the other apartment hotels I've stayed in London have been totally self catering. I was in a downstairs room which was quiet so wasn't too fussed about not having a view, the hotel does look out onto a park.

Comments